[Asterisk-Users] unable to compile testcpuid.c in spandsp in x86_64

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:40:50 MST 2004

Hello,

> I'm unable to compile testcpuid.c with the __x86_64__ architecture
> (Athlon 64 processor).  The messages are:
>
> /tmp/ccONleRV.s: Assembly messages:
> /tmp/ccONleRV.s: Error: suffix or operands invalid for 'pushf'
> " 'pop'
> " 'push'
> " 'popf'
>
> Is it safe to ignore this module?

I have similar problems compiling under PPC. I just removed that
module together with other troubling assembler parts (MMX detection
routines). After that it compiled fine and worked well (but the
platform is 32 bits, I dunno if it will work under a 64bit platform).
Regards,

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina