[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Nov 26 13:24:43 MST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Steve Underwood wrote:

> Peter Svensson wrote:
> >Most providers should be synchronized to a traceable time source derived
> >from UTC. I.e. they should all tick exactly the same even if they are not
> >directly interconnected.
> >

> Uh? UTC? I think you mean derived from a rhubidium clock, synced to the
> rest of the world's rhubidium clocks. :-\

Which is what UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is, in a loose sense.
Actually, it is a time standard comprised of a weighted mean of
clocks around the world based on different technologies (hence the
weighting). All (or almost all) national time standards are traceable to
UTC.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC for more info.

The global telecom system is synchronized to UTC these days. I guess they
are more interested in it as a stable frequency source.

> >I think it would be nice if the zaptel card could be used as a high
> >precision frequency source for ntpd. It is probably no that hard even.
> >

> The zaptel clock is atomic accurate when it is locked to a PSTN E1 or
> T1. However, it has no special accuracy under other circumstances -
> channel bank usage, free standing PBXs, analogue line cards, etc.

What I ment was to use the frequency derived from the very stable digital
pstn lines as a frequency source to ntpd.

Peter