[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Nov 26 12:26:11 MST 2004

Peter Svensson wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>

>>There can be only one clock and you must engineer your system such that
>>everything is synchronized properly.  For simple systems like what we are
>>describing it's not difficult but when you have multiple spans coming from
>>multiple providers it can get hairy.
>>

>Most providers should be synchronized to a traceable time source derived
>from UTC. I.e. they should all tick exactly the same even if they are not
>directly interconnected.

Uh? UTC? I think you mean derived from a rhubidium clock, synced to the
rest of the world's rhubidium clocks. :-\

>I think it would be nice if the zaptel card could be used as a high
>precision frequency source for ntpd. It is probably no that hard even.

The zaptel clock is atomic accurate when it is locked to a PSTN E1 or
T1. However, it has no special accuracy under other circumstances -
channel bank usage, free standing PBXs, analogue line cards, etc.

Regards,
Steve