[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Nov 26 11:31:30 MST 2004

On November 26, 2004 12:05 pm, Patrick wrote:
> > 0 = don't use the remote clock for sync (use internal clock)
> > 1 = use remote clock as card's primary clock source
> > 2 = use remote clock as card's secondary clock source
> > 3 = ...
>
> The doc says this: "To not use this span as a sync source, use '0'. To
> make it the primary sync source, use '1', secondary is '2' and so
> forth."

Exactly.

0 means do not use this span as a sync *source* -- emphasis on the word
source.  With a value of 1 or higher the card will use whatever is connected
to the span as a source for clock.  A value of 0 means that the span is not
to be considered a source for clock sync and, if there is only one span on
the card, to use the internal clock as the sync source.

> English is not my native language but if I assume "this span" sort of
> means the TE4XX end-point and "sync source" means generating clocking
> then to me it reads like I need to use '0' if the telco provides the
> clocking.

Nope you have it backward.  :-)  if a span is a sync source, then whatever is
connected to the span is providing the clock.

-A.