[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Nov 26 11:34:32 MST 2004

On November 26, 2004 12:27 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Another logic step to help strengthen this bit of knowlege would be that
> on 1 TE4XX card, I can connect one port to a Telco provider and one port
> to a channel bank. The telco port is the one we would need to derive our
> sync from as it is the most important line in the box. Then we could
> provide that sync to the port with the channel bank on it. So span 1 to
> the telco would get sync of 1, and the span 2 to channel bank would get
> sync of 0.

... and to continue on, the channel bank would be told to accept sync from the
asterisk card, which is synchronized to the incoming span from the telco.

There can be only one clock and you must engineer your system such that
everything is synchronized properly.  For simple systems like what we are
describing it's not difficult but when you have multiple spans coming from
multiple providers it can get hairy.

-A.