[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 26 10:27:53 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 18:05 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 11:36 -0500, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> [snip]
> > No.
> >
> > 0 = don't use the remote clock for sync (use internal clock)
> > 1 = use remote clock as card's primary clock source
> > 2 = use remote clock as card's secondary clock source
> > 3 = ...
>
> The doc says this: "To not use this span as a sync source, use '0'. To
> make it the primary sync source, use '1', secondary is '2' and so
> forth."
>
> English is not my native language but if I assume "this span" sort of
> means the TE4XX end-point and "sync source" means generating clocking
> then to me it reads like I need to use '0' if the telco provides the
> clocking.

The span is the line coming into the TE4XX. IT doesn't seem logical for
you to have 4 definitions of span and it be the same card unless you
thought a step further and realized there are 4 ports.

Another logic step to help strengthen this bit of knowlege would be that
on 1 TE4XX card, I can connect one port to a Telco provider and one port
to a channel bank. The telco port is the one we would need to derive our
sync from as it is the most important line in the box. Then we could
provide that sync to the port with the channel bank on it. So span 1 to
the telco would get sync of 1, and the span 2 to channel bank would get
sync of 0.