[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Nov 26 11:47:43 MST 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> There can be only one clock and you must engineer your system such that
> everything is synchronized properly.  For simple systems like what we are
> describing it's not difficult but when you have multiple spans coming from
> multiple providers it can get hairy.

Most providers should be synchronized to a traceable time source derived
from UTC. I.e. they should all tick exactly the same even if they are not
directly interconnected.

I think it would be nice if the zaptel card could be used as a high
precision frequency source for ntpd. It is probably no that hard even.

Peter