[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Thu Nov 25 11:37:01 MST 2004

> I would like you to name one PBX that does not support this behavior?
> Every system from Avaya including their Definity, Merlin Legend, Merlin
> Magix, Partner, and their new IP based PBXes support it, as do those
> from Mitel, Nortel, InteCom and every other system that I have ever
> used. A typical example is a manager/admin setup that works as follows:

Partner is not a PBX, it is a key system.

The Definity PBX does not directly provide key functionality.

I can't speak to Merlin, not having used it myself.

That said, Asterisk is a PBX like Definity, and should not support this.
A FEP for Asterisk, that duplicates the functionality of a key system,
should be developed, if it's in high enough demand. Like I said before,
I am happy to spearhead the project development if anyone is interested.

Greg