[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Nov 25 09:25:17 MST 2004

> Problems
> ========
>
> - Choppy voice on calls between channels of card 1.
> - Even worse on calls between card 0 and card 1.
> - Card 0 behaves well.
> - IRQ misses for card 1. Have tried different interrupts. Same thing.
> - HDLC overrun messages on console for card 1.

Almost sounds like the classic interrupt latency / pci controller issue
where there's not enough processor time left to adequately handle the
second card. (Obviously that's a pure guess though.)

> Strange fact, may be the cause of the problem
>
> Configuration for first span on card 1 is:
>
> span=5,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=118-132
> dchan=133
> bchan=134-148
>
> However, zttool reports card as "Internally Clocked". No matter how I've
> tried, I cannot get card 1 to clock from the external source:
> Sync Source:        Internally clocked
>
> First span on card 0 is configured just the same:
>
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15
> dchan=16
> bchan=17-31
>
> This card gets clocked OK:
> Sync Source:        TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1

Realistically, there should only be a single external span interface
on your system that is used for sync source. I'm not a programmer so
can't verify the code might have limits built in to ensure that.