[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

"Dr. Fernando Macías Garza" fmacias at validata.com.mx
Thu Nov 25 08:56:32 MST 2004

I've been running Asterisk for months with no problems. I have grown to
the point where I need an aditional TE cards. After many attempts I was
able to add the second card without affecting the performance of the
first. However, the second card is not working properly.

Setup
=====

- Running on a Dell Server.
- RedHat 8
- Asterisk 1.0
- I have two TE410Ps on that box, card 0 assigned to IRQ 4 and card 1 assigned to IRQ 3.
- The rotary switch on both cards is set to 0.
- I have tried setting the switch on card 1 to other than 0, but it does not work (what is the switch for??)
- Both cards have 3 E1 spans and one T1, both in the same order.
- Card 0 has worked well for months, and works well even now that card 1 is installed.
- zttool finds the 2 cards.

Interrupts are as follows:

          CPU0
 0:    1382239          XT-PIC  timer
 1:       4177          XT-PIC  keyboard
 2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
 3:    2659119          XT-PIC  t4xxp
 4:    2659098          XT-PIC  t4xxp
 8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
10:     200713          XT-PIC  eth0, eth1
11:          0          XT-PIC  ide2
12:         20          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
14:      12541          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          1
ERR:          0

Problems
========

- Choppy voice on calls between channels of card 1.
- Even worse on calls between card 0 and card 1.
- Card 0 behaves well.
- IRQ misses for card 1. Have tried different interrupts. Same thing.
- HDLC overrun messages on console for card 1.

Strange fact, may be the cause of the problem

Configuration for first span on card 1 is:

span=5,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=118-132
dchan=133
bchan=134-148

However, zttool reports card as "Internally Clocked". No matter how I've
tried, I cannot get card 1 to clock from the external source:
Sync Source:        Internally clocked

First span on card 0 is configured just the same:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

This card gets clocked OK:
Sync Source:        TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1

Thanks in advance

Fernando