[Asterisk-Users] need some advice

p80 p80 at free.fr
Tue Nov 23 18:50:15 MST 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 02:21 am, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Your VoIP line may be able to terminate directly to asterisk, otherwise
> you may need to use an FXO port just like for your traditional line.
Currently I plug my VoIP line into a simple cordless phone (i just need an
adaptor on line plug).

> Now
> with respect to your cordless phones, it might be a lot more cost
> effective and easier to deal with if you used FXS ports and simple
> cordless phones.
You mean with FXS I could still use my simple cordless phones? how does it
work? Will i need to plug my simple cordless phones into my digium board or
else?

> The question starts with how much money and effort you want to put into
> this. If you go via the TDM400 cards, you are looking at possible $300+
> for a 2FXOx2FXS card. This would for sure let you get both your lines
> into asterisk and gives you 2 extensions via analog phones.
I don't mind paying 300$+

thanx in advance

Pat