[Asterisk-Users] need some advice

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 23 18:21:41 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 02:12 +0100, p80 wrote:
> hey all,
> I want to set up a phone network at home. I have to phone lines (one
> traditional line and another provided by my internet provider (voIP)). So
> what I would like to do is get a Digium box and connect my two lines to it
> and then use several cordless voip phones with the ability to transfert call
> from one phone to another. What kind of digium hardware i need to do this?
> also I will use my debian based PC to administer it (unless there's a better
> way?).

Your VoIP line may be able to terminate directly to asterisk, otherwise
you may need to use an FXO port just like for your traditional line. Now
with respect to your cordless phones, it might be a lot more cost
effective and easier to deal with if you used FXS ports and simple
cordless phones.

The question starts with how much money and effort you want to put into
this. If you go via the TDM400 cards, you are looking at possible $300+
for a 2FXOx2FXS card. This would for sure let you get both your lines
into asterisk and gives you 2 extensions via analog phones.