[Asterisk-Users] Using IPKall and SIP with insecure=very

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Nov 22 12:04:37 MST 2004

Rob Emanuele [rje at shoreis.com] wrote:
> I've got one of those cool free incoming IPKall phone numbers from
> www.ipkall.com.  These numbers just connect to the SIP proxy of your
> choice, they default to Frreworld Dialup.  You can use them with your own
> sip proxy on asterisk.  My  config for this is below.
>
> The trouble I'm having is the incoming calls do not seem to hit the
> section in sip.conf for the call.  With sip debugging turned on I see the
> call come in and the message below is printed.
>
> If I put the exten route that I have in the ipkall-inbound section of
> extensions.conf (below) into the default section it works fine, but isn't
> neat and elegant.
>
> How do I make incoming call from ipkall match a sip.conf section?
>
> > From sip.conf:
>
> [3501]
> type=peer
> host=dynamic
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> context=ipkall-inbound
> insecure=very
> nat=no
>
> > From extensions.conf:
>
> [ipkall-inbound]
> exten = 3501,1,Goto(menu,s,1)

You'll probably find that there's no need to set up a specific
user for IPKall.  You were using "type = peer", which would have been
wrong anyway.

In your [general] section, create a "context = incoming-sip" (or whatever
you want to call it) and then set up a matching context in extensions.conf.
Your extensions.conf context can then match your 3501 extension, along
with any other direct incoming SIP addresses you need.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz