[Asterisk-Users] Using IPKall and SIP with insecure=very

Rob Emanuele rje at shoreis.com
Mon Nov 22 11:16:48 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've got one of those cool free incoming IPKall phone numbers from
www.ipkall.com.  These numbers just connect to the SIP proxy of your
choice, they default to Frreworld Dialup.  You can use them with your own
sip proxy on asterisk.  My  config for this is below.

The trouble I'm having is the incoming calls do not seem to hit the
section in sip.conf for the call.  With sip debugging turned on I see the
call come in and the message below is printed.

If I put the exten route that I have in the ipkall-inbound section of
extensions.conf (below) into the default section it works fine, but isn't
neat and elegant.

How do I make incoming call from ipkall match a sip.conf section?

Thanks,

Rob

On the CLI with sip debugging turned on:

Found no matching peer or user for '66.54.140.46:5060'
Looking for 3501 in default
Reliably Transmitting (no NAT):
SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

>From sip.conf: