[Asterisk-Users] Using IPKall and SIP with insecure=very

Rob Emanuele rje at shoreis.com
Mon Nov 22 12:17:04 MST 2004

> Rob Emanuele [rje at shoreis.com] wrote:
>> I've got one of those cool free incoming IPKall phone numbers from
>> www.ipkall.com.  These numbers just connect to the SIP proxy of your
>> choice, they default to Frreworld Dialup.  You can use them with your
>> own
>> sip proxy on asterisk.  My  config for this is below.
>>
>> The trouble I'm having is the incoming calls do not seem to hit the
>> section in sip.conf for the call.  With sip debugging turned on I see
>> the
>> call come in and the message below is printed.
>>
>> If I put the exten route that I have in the ipkall-inbound section of
>> extensions.conf (below) into the default section it works fine, but
>> isn't
>> neat and elegant.
>>
>> How do I make incoming call from ipkall match a sip.conf section?
>>
>> > From sip.conf:
>>
>> [3501]
>> type=peer
>> host=dynamic
>> dtmfmode=rfc2833
>> context=ipkall-inbound
>> insecure=very
>> nat=no
>>
>> > From extensions.conf:
>>
>> [ipkall-inbound]
>> exten = 3501,1,Goto(menu,s,1)
>>
> You'll probably find that there's no need to set up a specific
> user for IPKall.  You were using "type = peer", which would have been
> wrong anyway.
>
> In your [general] section, create a "context = incoming-sip" (or whatever
> you want to call it) and then set up a matching context in
> extensions.conf.
> Your extensions.conf context can then match your 3501 extension, along
> with any other direct incoming SIP addresses you need.

What if I wanted to create different "incoming-sip" contexts depending on
the service being used or number being called?  For example sip calls
coming from ipkall goto one context that presents a menu, but another sip
call coming from one of the free German services provides a different menu
and in German.

Thanks,

Rob