[Asterisk-Users] Phones

Torsten Krueger torsten at nrw-online.de
Mon Nov 22 02:57:16 MST 2004

Hello,

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Tracy R Reed wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 04:25:39PM -0800, Tony Vickers spake thusly:
> > What VOIP Phones is everyone using and why? Is the a common phone that
> > seems the work the best? Just wondering.
>

> Snom - Good business class phones. Do they have any remote management
> functionality other than the web interface, something like tftp like the
> polycom and cisco? Been a while since I looked at them.

Yes, they have. You can save the config on a http server and point the
phone via dhcp to the right configuration file. You could even write a
small webapp that generates the phoneconfig out of a database. Snom has a
PDF on their website documenting these features. Look for mass
deployment on their website.

Torsten Krueger

--
Media Online Internet Services & Marketing GmbH
Torsten Krueger           torsten at nrw-online.de
fon: 49-231-5575100        fax: 49-231-55751098
Kurze Str. 10                  D-44137 Dortmund