[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Nov 21 00:21:16 MST 2004

Tracy R Reed wrote:

> This is the way I want to go. A very small PC with a good touch screen.

And there are tons of extremely small systems that could do this job. I
have here in front of me a Soekris net4801 which is tiny, noiseless
computer (similar to a PC, but not quite the same) that draws nearly no
power. It has a USB port, so if the display/touchscreen can be
interfaced via USB you'd be all set.

There are also less expensive versions of this unit )with slower CPUs,
but still fast enough for this application), down to around $125 or so
including case and power supply.