[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sat Nov 20 22:13:56 MST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 06:18:04PM +1300, Matt Riddell spake thusly:
> Me and another guy are working on LCD drivers etc for Linux.  The thing
> is, the display would be run from your Asterisk Server. I.E. It will
> need to be run from either Parallel, Serial or USB port.  We will open

What would this do? Would it be touch screen or just display status info
(busy/available etc) on phone lines?  This would mean the receptionist
would have to have the PBX under her desk which is a bad idea. I always
insist it go in a datacenter or at least an out of the way phone closet
where it won't get kicked or messed with.

> day would do it...the problem is finding a spare day.  I guess the other
> option would be to use one of the small PC's to run Asterisk and a panel
> on the receptionists desk.

This is the way I want to go. A very small PC with a good touch screen.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.