[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sun Nov 21 00:14:34 MST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 12:21:16AM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming spake thusly:
> And there are tons of extremely small systems that could do this job. I
> have here in front of me a Soekris net4801 which is tiny, noiseless

I know there are plenty of small systems that would be great. The problem
is the cost of the display really. Interfacing the display via USB could
be a real problem. I would really prefer something with VGA so I could do
real graphics on the display. And there are plenty such boards also. The
Soekris net4801 costs $197 in units of 100 on soekris.com for the bare
board. Then you would need a case, display, handset...We're looking at a
$400-500 device here. Not very price competitive. I would like to see less
than half that.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.