[Asterisk-Users] TMD400 FXO <-> Nokia 32 GSM (Hangup Problems)

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Nov 16 15:57:40 MST 2004

Leandro Morgado wrote:
> Although, I still think that there is some kind of incompatibility or
> battery drop timing problem between Asterisk and the Nokia 32. I wish I
> knew more about telecomms and wcfxs.c to fix it!

:-) You and I both!

>> The recordings I am after are of the hangup tones that the Nokia is
>> producing.
 >
> Hum.. any idea how I can record these busy tones? Or is this just a
> waste of time, seeing that asterisk correctly hangs up based on busy tones?

Usually what people send me is a voicemail message.  I.E. call into the
box, go to voicemail, hangup and voicemail will record the tones.  This
is not necessary though if you already have it working.

>> However, seeing as you say it can make multiple tones, it may be
>> easiest to set the Nokia to create USA tones, and then in zaptel.conf
>> put loadzone=us, defaultzone=us and in zapata.conf busydetect=yes and
>> busycount=10.
>>
> Hum.. USA is not on the list of supported countries. Most european
> countries are, so I just randomly choose France (after hearing about
> nightmares with CLI in UK mode!) seeing that zaptel.conf supports
> defaultzone=fr .

USA is listed as [us].

> Although this is really a work-around to the problem (the real problem
> is still out there) I thank you very much for being so helpful!

No problems, let us know if you have any other issues.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell