[Asterisk-Users] TMD400 FXO <-> Nokia 32 GSM (Hangup Problems)

Leandro Morgado leandro.morgado at bragaredes.homelinux.com
Wed Nov 17 11:43:16 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Leandro Morgado wrote:
>
>> Although, I still think that there is some kind of incompatibility or
>> battery drop timing problem between Asterisk and the Nokia 32. I wish
>> I knew more about telecomms and wcfxs.c to fix it!
>

> :-) You and I both!

Well.. i'm just leaving this but the mailing list archives. It really
must be some kind of Disconnect Supervision incompatibility between the
Nokia 32 GSM and Asterisk. Maybe asterisk doesnt like the duration that
the Nokia drops the battery for.

Anyway, I just tried using Kewlstart (and therefore Disconnect
Supervision) with a Quasar Smartcell 111L and it works flawlessly. I
don't need busydetect and voltage values are reported as expected!

>>> However, seeing as you say it can make multiple tones, it may be
>>> easiest to set the Nokia to create USA tones, and then in
>>> zaptel.conf put loadzone=us, defaultzone=us and in zapata.conf
>>> busydetect=yes and busycount=10.
>>>
>> Hum.. USA is not on the list of supported countries. Most european
>> countries are, so I just randomly choose France (after hearing about
>> nightmares with CLI in UK mode!) seeing that zaptel.conf supports
>> defaultzone=fr .
>

> USA is listed as [us].

I meant that the Nokia 32 doesn't list USA in the country setting
options. :)

>> Although this is really a work-around to the problem (the real
>> problem is still out there) I thank you very much for being so helpful!
>

> No problems, let us know if you have any other issues.

Now all the issues are solved or worked around.  Matt, I would really
like to thank you for the help you provided. You got me out of a
tightspot. :)
Let me know if I can ever retribute the favour.

Thanks mate! (I know you're not Aussie, but I am and consider you NZ
folk as our friendly neighbours :)

Leandro Morgado