[Asterisk-Users] TMD400 FXO <-> Nokia 32 GSM (Hangup Problems)

Leandro Morgado leandro.morgado at bragaredes.homelinux.com
Tue Nov 16 13:40:59 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> You can set it to detect hangups via tones in zapata.conf with the
> busydetect=yes and busycount=10 entries.

 From what I was able to figure out from my the logs, asterisk will not
do busytone hangup detection when using Kewlstart.  I guess Kewlstart
expects a battery drop to indicate hangup so I tried Groundstart (which
failed to load) and Loopstart. Now when I use Loopstart asterisk doesn't
seem to  detect the hangup using the battery drop but it does eventually
detect it. My guess is that it only uses busydetect with Loopstart
signalling. With fxs_ls and the busydetect=yes , busycount=10 voltages
values after the gsm signals hangup are correctly indicated as being 48V.

It's not as clean as a battery drop (Disconnection Supervision) but hey,
at least it works! :)

Although, I still think that there is some kind of incompatibility or
battery drop timing problem between Asterisk and the Nokia 32. I wish I
knew more about telecomms and wcfxs.c to fix it!

> The changes in zaptel.conf will just change what tones (i.e. Hz) and
> what cadences (i.e. ms) are used to detect hangup via tones.  The
> opermode switches should change the line impedance etc of the module.

By changing the opermode to FRANCE I was trying to affect the electrical
characteristics of the FXO module, hoping that the correct 48v would
show up in the log files when asterisk hangs up. Seeing that it is now
in "busytone hangup detection" mode, the values in zaptel.conf should
have a influence on how it does the detection.

> The recordings I am after are of the hangup tones that the Nokia is
> producing.

Hum.. any idea how I can record these busy tones? Or is this just a
waste of time, seeing that asterisk correctly hangs up based on busy tones?

> However, seeing as you say it can make multiple tones, it may be
> easiest to set the Nokia to create USA tones, and then in zaptel.conf
> put loadzone=us, defaultzone=us and in zapata.conf busydetect=yes and
> busycount=10.

Hum.. USA is not on the list of supported countries. Most european
countries are, so I just randomly choose France (after hearing about
nightmares with CLI in UK mode!) seeing that zaptel.conf supports
defaultzone=fr .

Although this is really a work-around to the problem (the real problem
is still out there) I thank you very much for being so helpful!

Thanks,

Leandro Morgado