[Asterisk-Users] TDM31B has no interrupts?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 16 06:54:21 MST 2004

> I've installed a TDM31B card "successfully" but had a few problems making
> calls through it - summary is below:
>
> o  Calls cannot be placed using an analog phone
>
> o  The interrupts count value in /proc/interrupts remains at zero (see
>    below)
>
>            CPU0
>   0:       7495          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          7          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
>   9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
>  11:        508          XT-PIC  eth0
>  12:          0 <--      XT-PIC  wctdm <--
>  14:       2662          XT-PIC  ide0
> NMI:          0
> LOC:          0
> ERR:          0
> MIS:          0
>
> o  I've tried this card in all three PCI slots but no luck
>
> o  I've tried two other TDM31Bs in a similar manner with no luck
>
> o  I've tried the same with a TDM22B and get similar behaviour
>
> Could all my PCI slots be dead or is it likely that all 3 TDM31B cards are
> dead + the TDM22B?  Any clues are highly appreciate.

Not enough info in the above to hint at the problem. What linux distro,
what does your /etc/zaptel look like, zapata.conf, what steps did
you take to start the drivers (eg, modprobe, ztcfg), etc.

Since we're forced to guess at that stuff, here's a list of things
that might have an impact.
- ensure the definitions in /etc/zaptel.conf are reasonable
- run ztcfg -vvv from the command line. Any errors?
- run 'modprobe wctdm', any errors?
- what does dmesg, lspci, and lsmod output say?
- what does zttool show?