[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking - timing - ztdummy??

Håkan Källberg hk at simulina.se
Tue Nov 16 06:39:44 MST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:56:07PM +0100, Patrick wrote:
> I don't think you need to do anything with zaptel.conf when you are
> using ztdummy. Someone on irc mentioned that ztdummy's timing is off by
> about 3%. So if you are serious about your timing why don't you get a
> X100P to make sure you have the proper timing.

Well, if it works... Compared to the crt package??

> [snip]
> > Btw, I am using Asterisk 1.0.2, Zaptel 1.0.0, SuSE 9.2 ( kernel 2.6.8 )
> [snip]
>
> Afaik it is preferred to always install zaptel, libpri, asterisk and
> asterisk-addons from the same release. You are using asterisk 1.0.2 with
> zaptel 1.0.0.

Well, what I found as tar.gzed releases....

>               Get the latest stable branch with:
> cvs co -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds
> Install them and see if that solves anything.

I will try! As I read the download page on asterisk.org I now
discovered the following:

    "Installation should be in the order: zaptel, libpri, Asterisk"

This might be my problem! As I build my own packages I like to
see things as independent installations, as long as they come on
the right places.

I will try to build them all, make a "fake" installation ( in
the right order ) and build a package out of that. Or do you
thing that I need to have the zaptel installed before I even
build Asterisk??

Thanks very much for your thoughts and help!!

Regards:			Håkan