[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking - timing - ztdummy??

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 16 07:22:04 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 14:39 +0100, Håkan Källberg wrote:
[snip]
> Well, if it works... Compared to the crt package??

Yes it does work. I use ztdummy myself on my hardly loaded home * box
because I am too lazy to plug my X100P back in :) The 3% off will have a
negative impact when you start to get a serious amount of meetme's or
try to iax2-trunk a lot of calls to another * box. So at low load it
will not be noticeable but at higher load it will have an impact (so I
was told). What do you mean with "crt package"?

[snip]

> I will try to build them all, make a "fake" installation ( in
> the right order ) and build a package out of that. Or do you
> thing that I need to have the zaptel installed before I even
> build Asterisk??

Yes, the build (make & install) order is:
1) zaptel
2) libpri
3) asterisk
4) asterisk-addons
5) asterisk-sounds

> Thanks very much for your thoughts and help!!
>
> Regards:			Håkan

You're welcome.

Regards,
Patrick