[Asterisk-Users] 3 - TDM31B Card Installation Difficulty

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Sun Nov 14 09:52:10 MST 2004

Begumisa Gerald M wrote:
> o I can call the analog phone from X-Lite however on receiving, I cannot
>   hear much voice.  What I hear is choppy sound corresponding to whatever
>   I say from the analog side.  When someone speaks from the X-lite side,
>   nothing is heard from the analog phone.

If you call from X-Lite to the demo menus can you hear them clearly (no
choppy sound)?  Given the problems you are having this might point to a
bad TDM100P card.  I recently had to swap out a TDM100P card (rev H) for
a replacement (rev G) card because the card apparently wasn't supplying correct
timing for Asterisk.  This even affected X-Lite to demo calls where the
FXO and FXS modules weren't even being used.  The way to check is to switch to
the ztdummy driver instead of the TDM100P driver and see if the X-Lite -> demo
calls become clear.  I don't know if was a defective card or a REV H issue, but
now at least working.  The other symptoms in my case were no dialtone through
the FXS card and the FXO card not answering incoming calls.

Steve