[Asterisk-Users] 3 - TDM31B Card Installation Difficulty

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Sun Nov 14 12:49:53 MST 2004

Hi,

o I purchased 3 TDM31B cards and fixed them in my computer (in 3 PCI
  slots)

o I downloaded the latest Zaptel source from CVS, compiled it and loaded
  modules zaptel.o and wctdm.o.

o I successfully configured them from /etc/zaptel.conf as
  shown in the information below.  ztcfg returned no errors - see the
  report below.

o I successfully configured /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf (see info below).

o I configured an X-Lite phone to test with an analog phone plugged into
  one of the channels.

The problems are:

o I cannot make a call from the analog phone (Saachi phone, KX-T3223)
  connected to one of the FXS ports.  When I pick up the receiver, I hear
  the dialtone but when I press the buttons, asterisk seems not to get the
  numbers dialled, both using pulse and touch tone dialling.

o I can call the analog phone from X-Lite however on receiving, I cannot
  hear much voice.  What I hear is choppy sound corresponding to whatever
  I say from the analog side.  When someone speaks from the X-lite side,
  nothing is heard from the analog phone.

o There are three FXS ports where there is no dialtone - but the phone is
  actually powered - I can hear touch tone / pulse when I dial.

o There are three FXS ports that give neither power nor dialtone.

What could the problem be?  Any help will be highly appreciated.  Please
find below abit of information I thought may be useful.  Please let me
know if more is needed.

EXTRA INFORMATION
-----------------

linux:/usr/src/new # uname -a
Linux linux 2.4.20-4GB #1 Mon Mar 17 17:54:44 UTC 2003 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux
linux:/usr/src/new #

linux:/usr/src/new # ztcfg -vvv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
Channel 05: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 05)
Channel 06: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 06)
Channel 07: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 07)
Channel 08: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 08)
Channel 09: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 09)
Channel 10: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 10)
Channel 11: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 11)
Channel 12: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Slaves: 12)

12 channels configured.

linux:/usr/src/new #

/etc/zaptel.conf:
fxols=1-3