[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk using the wrong peer in sip.conf

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Nov 14 14:21:42 MST 2004

First, please do not use "friends". It will confuse you. We receive calls from type=user
and send calls to type=peer (that is the general idea, anyway... :-)

For an incoming call, we first match on users based on the username part of the From:
sip address. So if the call comes from sip:oej at edvina.net, we'll match on "oej".
If we can't find a matching user, we will match on peers based on IP address, which
is your problem.

Make sure you have a type=user with the correct user name and you should be all set.

/O