[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Sat Nov 13 05:51:20 MST 2004

I must be missing something with the GPL...

Nowhere does it say you need to advertise the open source
product in your sales literature.

All (from what I gather) is necessary, is to make available
the source or instructions to retrieve the source to the end
user.

This could be on a CD or a sentence in a provided manual.

No reference is given to the percent of open source to proprietary
software which must be disclosed.

Also, if I am not mistaken, if you sell a system with linux on it,
don't you have to do the same for the OS? Lots of GPL stuff
there.

I am not defending sysmaster or anyone else, but I haven't
seen (in this discussion) where anybody had reviewed
the entire end user product package (outside of a hard drive).

My 2cents

Regards
Greg