[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation -- what about IPEYA

Brian lists001 at brianchristie.com
Fri Nov 12 06:15:03 MST 2004

Have you ever had access to an IPEYA box? Does it appear to be Asterisk? If
so, was the source included, or was there a written offer for the source?

If they are not in compliance with section 3 of the GPL*, and if they have
not licensed the code from Digium, then yes they would be in violation of
the GPL and thereby, copyright law.

* I _Highly_ recommend that everybody read the GPL for themselves. It can be
found at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html