[Asterisk-Users] maximum retries error

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Wed Nov 10 02:31:09 MST 2004

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what the following
error signifies:

WARNING[2941]: chan_sip.c:665 retrans_pkt: Maximum retries exceeded
on call XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for seqno XXX

This happens when a client is registering. The client still registers
successfully but I would still like to know why this warning is
displayed and if it is normal. Can I ignore it?

Thanks a million,
Aisling.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.