[Asterisk-Users] Call failover and redundancy

Craig Waddington craig at barony.com
Wed Nov 10 03:18:44 MST 2004

Recently our provider had an issue, so we couldn't make VOIP calls.

We currently have a BRI which we use for incoming calls, at the moment I
have the below in my dialplan, so if our VOIP provider or our internet
drops, the "outgoing" calls are sent through the ISDN Bri.

The problem is, it takes 30 seconds of trying the IAX account, before it
uses the BRI, is there a timeout I can insert somehow, so if a call
fails on VOIP, a few seconds later it switches to the ISDN outgoing?

My current Extensions.conf

exten => _[68]XXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/user:pass at iax.provider.com/44${EXTEN})

exten => _[68]XXXXX,2,Dial(${ISDN1}:${EXTEN})

exten => _[68]XXXXX,102,Congestion

exten => _[68]XXXXX,103,Busy