[Asterisk-Users] Re: quasi-skype channel for Asterisk?

Jon Radon jonr800 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 02:18:32 MST 2004

They connect to the computers USB ports.  I have a feeling there won't
be many willing to write an app for a windows box to translate skype
to iax.  Waiting for the API to be released for Linux is the ultimate
solution.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:07:01 +0100, Stefan Märkle
<stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de> wrote:
> Sorry for not reading your Mail completely.
>
> So with this thing and an FXO Card in your asterisk box, it should be possible to connect the two worlds, yes.
>
> BUT.
> I don't see a real reason to connect two probably ethernet-equipped boxes via FXO/FXS to transport VOIP-Traffic.
> When the api is openly available and legally usable to connect phone lines to skype, there should be no problem with a "skype-api to iax2" or a "skype-api to sip" converter on the Windows box which then connects to your asterisk via IP.
>
> But since the FXO/FXS solution seems to be instantly available, maybe the solution is the one to use right now.
>
> Stefan

Is it something someone said, was it something someone said?