[Asterisk-Users] Re: quasi-skype channel for Asterisk?

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Wed Nov 10 02:07:01 MST 2004

> > But I'm not aware of such a converter.
> See my previous mail of the thread (which I quote below)
> indicating the URL. The devises are exactly the skype
> converter to FXO/FXS. http://www.pcphoneline.com/skype

Sorry for not reading your Mail completely.

So with this thing and an FXO Card in your asterisk box, it should be possible to connect the two worlds, yes.

BUT.
I don't see a real reason to connect two probably ethernet-equipped boxes via FXO/FXS to transport VOIP-Traffic.
When the api is openly available and legally usable to connect phone lines to skype, there should be no problem with a "skype-api to iax2" or a "skype-api to sip" converter on the Windows box which then connects to your asterisk via IP.

But since the FXO/FXS solution seems to be instantly available, maybe the solution is the one to use right now.

Stefan