[Asterisk-Users] CallerID+Distinctive ring in Australia

Elliot Mackenzie asterisk at adixein.com
Mon Nov 8 23:47:22 MST 2004

I have a situation involving both caller id and distinctive ring in
australia that appears to be having issues.  I am using the CVS snapshot
current as of an hour ago.

The distinctive ring was working ok until i arranged for the telco to
turn on callerid: now the distinctive ring detection appears flaky and
there is no callerid detected.

By flaky distinctive ring, I mean the three numbers that are being
detected on an incoming call (ever since callerid was switched on), vary
from [0,0,0] to more sensible numbers (sensible, though they still vary
by too much to make sense of).

Once I have seen "callerID returned with error", but this only happened
once and said nothing further.  I haven't replicated this message when I
have had the debugging cranked right up unfortunately.

There was a newspost a while back that suggested increasing a delay in
callerid.c, which I have done but to no avail.  I increased it from
"4000" to "5600", as per the original post.

Does anyone have ideas for what to try, or for how to start digging
further?  This problem has been plaguing me for a month now.

Kind regards,
Elliot.