[Asterisk-Users] Faxing issues (no VoIP involved)

John Koyle john.koyle at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:40:46 MST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:38:39 -0600, Daniel Jimenez <djimenez at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I'm having constant problems with faxing. All my calls come in via PRI
> to my t100p, then I have a TDM w/FXS ports that I have the fax machine
> plugged into.

Make sure your timing is being set correctly on the t1 from the telco.
 I had the exact same problem before I realized I was doing things
wrong.

Timing is set in the /etc/zaptel.conf file in the span section:
# My FXS channel bank uses internal timing
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
             ^
# SPAN 2 is the T1 to telco set it to get timing here
span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
              ^

Once I fixed this, nearly all my fax troubles have gone away.

John