[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 500 software?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Nov 8 07:29:01 MST 2004

Are you sure your statement applies to the IP 500, the two I just RMA'd
30 days ago also did not come with any protocol application. At that
time Polycom confirmed that they do not ship that model with a protocol
application. With the IP 500 there is a difference between the firmware,
boot loader, and application. Is it possible in you experience that the
dealer or distributor loaded the firmware before shipping?

The normal process for the IP 500 is to download the application you
want to run (h.323 - aka HMX, SIP, or MCGP) to the phone from a user
configured FTP server at boot time.

If polycom has changed this that would be useful to know for sure.