[Asterisk-Users] Siemens GSM terminal with Wildcard FXO

Chad Wicker cwicker at petrocom.com
Mon Nov 8 07:20:49 MST 2004

Well now that you mention it, I have Used a Telular GSM Fixed Wireless
Terminal using asterisk to both place and receive bulk calls.  I was
using it to test the unit out, though I personnally wouldn't suggest the
terminal ( seems like it is very buggy) it does seem to work.  There are
several options as it goes depending on the scale of your
implementation.  One was to look at it would be to use a FWT to connect
to your FXO card or a T1 via a channelbank, a good solution but very
clunky.  one of the more clever ideas is the Chan_bluetooth which would
wirelessly connect to your phone.  I am interested in the possibility of
connecting multiple phones using this method.  If you are interested in
high Density, There are GSM to T1/E1 channel banks out there but I am
just begining to explore them.  Please keep me informed of any success
you may have in this as I am very interested.  I work for a new GSM 850
provider here in the states.

Chad C. Wicker
Systems Engineer
Petrocom

>>> ronan at iol.ie 11/7/2004 10:36:24 AM >>>
Hi Jafar,

You want to look at Fixed Cellular Telephones (FCTs) like the Nokia
Premicell or the Ericsson F251.  As I understand it these present a
PSTN interface which you can plug into an FXS interface.

-Ronan

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, jafar mohammed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to implement GSM origination for a VOIP
> system i am developing. I am purchasing a Siemens M20
> Terminal and would like to know if i can plug it into
> my Wildcard FXO device to get incoming GSM calls
> routed to the Asterisk server. If anyone has been able
> or successful in using this terminal please let me
> know. And if any of you have this terminal can you
> hook it up to a telephone headset and see if incoming
> calls will ring the headset.
>
> Thank you.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: