[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 500 software?

Chris Tooley ctooley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:45:49 MST 2004

There are several models of each phone.  The way it breaks down is:

2200-11X00-001 where X is either 3, 5, or 6 (300, 500, 600) is shipped
with a bootrom and no firmware.
2200-11X30-001 where X is either 3, 5 or 6 is shipped with a bootrom
and the SIP firmware
2200-11X40-001 where X is either 3, 5 or 6 is shipped with a bootrom
and the MGCP firmware

The 500 is the only model for which H.323 works and it is only
available through a provider that provides a platform that Polycom has
certified the H.323 firmware with.

If you get a 2200-11530-001 that has SIP Polycom says it cannot be
converted to MGCP.  This appears to be the case in my attempts though
I'm not able to 100% confirm that.