[Asterisk-Users] SIP REGISTER -- Asterisk non-compliant or is it the provider?

Sat Nov 6 22:18:54 MST 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:00:25 +0900, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists
<benjk.on.asterisk.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002802

Mark has fixed this in the most recent CVS (Wow! that was fast!).

However, I will need this for a production system that cannot be
upgraded (Zaptel drivers have become extremely unstable recently when
used on any kind of Japanese analog line, PSTN or otherwise), so I
would like to apply the changes to the version running on that system.
In order to do so, I needed to indentify what exactly has changed and
so I ran a diff on the latest CVS versus a few hours back.

It would seem that there is only a single line which has changed in
respect of SIP reigstration ...

*************** static int transmit_register(struct sip_
*** 4054,4059 ****
--- 4055,4061 ----
                        if (!ast_strlen_zero(r->username)) {
                                strncpy(p->peername, r->username,
sizeof(p->peername)-1);
                                strncpy(p->authname, r->username,
sizeof(p->authname)-1);
+                               strncpy(p->fromuser, r->username,
sizeof(p->fromuser)-1);
                        }

... and I am trying to make sense of this so as to be confident to
apply the change to the earlier version. Is this likely to be what
fixed this bug or did I mess up with the diff? I'd appreciate if
somebody who understands the code could comment on this, please.

thanks
rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.