[Asterisk-Users] SIP REGISTER -- Asterisk non-compliant or is it the provider?

Sat Nov 6 18:00:25 MST 2004

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 20:32:05 +0200, Gilad Ben-Yossef
<gilad at codefidence.com> wrote:

> Well, it looks like the digest is being built with authname in
> build_reply_digest().

This seems to indicate that it was indeed the intend of the
implementor to use authname in the digest's username field and
consequently that this is a bug.

I have therefore filed a bug report for this now ...

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002802

let's see what the response will be and at the very least we will know
for sure what the intend of this actually is.

> It's using sip_pvt.authname which get's
> initialized to the *username* in create_addr, but is then being copied
> over by the authuser field from the SIP registery which looks like it
> should get initalized by sip_register().
>
> But obviously, it doesn't :-)
>
> Hope this helps in  any way

I wish I could just change this in the code myself but the code is
just so all over the place, I can't seem to get a grip on it and so I
don't know where to make changes. Then again, I am not really a
developer (or at least not anymore), so it may just be me. Mind you,
back in the day when I was doing this sort of thing, code looked much
more structured, much cleaner and an outside party was able to apply
simple fixes, like this one would seem to be.

I guess in another 20 years from now, it will require a PhD to change
a filename ;-)

anyway, thanks for your assistance.

rgds
benjk