[Asterisk-Users] SIP REGISTER -- Asterisk non-compliant or is it the provider?

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Sun Nov 7 00:47:33 MST 2004

Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:

> It would seem that there is only a single line which has changed in
> respect of SIP reigstration ...
>
> *************** static int transmit_register(struct sip_
> *** 4054,4059 ****
> --- 4055,4061 ----
>                         if (!ast_strlen_zero(r->username)) {
>                                 strncpy(p->peername, r->username,
> sizeof(p->peername)-1);
>                                 strncpy(p->authname, r->username,
> sizeof(p->authname)-1);
> +                               strncpy(p->fromuser, r->username,
> sizeof(p->fromuser)-1);
>                         }
>
> ... and I am trying to make sense of this so as to be confident to
> apply the change to the earlier version. Is this likely to be what
> fixed this bug or did I mess up with the diff? I'd appreciate if

I don't claim to understand the code at all, but what little I think I
understand from it makes me believe this is not the change you're
looking for.

Cheers,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad at codefidence.com>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)
Web: http://codefidence.com  | SIP: gilad at pbx.codefidence.com
Tel: +972.9.8650475 ext. 201 | Fax:  +972.9.8850643

"I am Jack's Overwritten Stack Pointer"
	-- Hackers Club, the movie