[Asterisk-Users] An anniversary and a lament for FXOs

Ryan Thrash ryan at vertexworks.com
Fri Nov 5 21:41:27 MST 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 11:25 AM, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> As for the Interrupt issues and PCI issues, Digium isn't really
> responsible for broken PCI busses. You need to be complaining to the
> manufacturer of the $35 motherboard for that. I do agree, however,
> that a
> community developed Hardware Compatibility List would be a good thing.

What about an expensive Supermicro dual Xeon PCI-X system with 1GB ECC
RAM and a hardware RAID controller (it was SATA, though)?

Echo was noticeable even on SIP-to-SIP calls internally with the
system, with all sorts fo tweaks to tx/rx gain. Supermicro, too. Oh
yeah, and we were on a T1 PRI, which is not *supposed* to have echo.
Unfortunately when I left the company, they finally replaced the phone
system to get rid of the echo and customer complaints.

A motherboard list would be REALLY great, indeed.

Best regards,
Ryan Thrash