[Asterisk-Users] Channel Banks

Jay Brussels jay at dslx.net
Fri Nov 5 12:11:07 MST 2004

We have an Asterisk Server with 5 X100's and a 4-port openline card we have been using for 6 months.

My only complaint is echo.  Some lines sound good, others echo all the time, some echo intermittantly or only when conferencing.  I
have tweeked the tx/rx gains and played with echo timing as much as possible.  It is time to go to a channel bank (a PRI is still
about $200/month more than POT's lines) .

It appears the favorite channel banks are CAC and adtran.  Am I missing anyone?  Does one make or model perform better echo
cancallation then the others?  Are some channel banks still having problems with caller-id?

Jay