[Asterisk-Users] remote hold.

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Fri Nov 5 10:35:39 MST 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 21:45, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm pretty sure that there would be something (or at least some ideas)
> about this on the wiki - but the wiki seems to have disappeared.
>
> I'm wanting to implement a facility were by if a user dials a certain
> extension they can input the actual extension (ext A) they need to talk to,
> the call will be marked as an emergency. If a call is marked as emergency
> (or urgent if you like) then call other calls to 'ext A' are placed on hold
> and the new call is given priority.
>
> Has anyone any ideas how to implement something like this ?
>
> Jon

Thought I'd add that all calls go through the asterisk box, as such * should
know about all calls happening at anyone time.
I'm sure I could script a connection through the manager API to hang up any
calls ( a bit drastic) or transfer to a special extension. But, Is there a
way to put a call on hold ?
I suppose one way would be to park the call - assuming that I can make it play
a specific file when the call gets parked.

Jon