[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line analog phones with Asterisk?

Thu Nov 4 16:42:06 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 02:49, Walt Reed wrote:
> With phones that have multiple line appearances such as the polycom or
> cisco phones mentioned above, you can juggle anywhere from 2 to 6 calls
> for YOU specifically at once. So if you have 8 people in your office and
> use phones with 6 line appearances, you could theoretically collectivly
> juggle 48 calls (how insane would that be?? :-)

I've never tried it, but I suspect the polycom IP 600 could actually
handle at least 12 calls at a time, since you can have multiple calls
under a single line.....  that makes for 96 calls at least, between your
8 staff  :)

PS, 6 calls is probably busy enough for most humans, but I imagine 12
would be.... a lot :)

Regards,
Adam