[Asterisk-Users] Multi-line analog phones with Asterisk?

Ryan Butler rbutler at adiis.net
Thu Nov 4 15:50:13 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 10:42 -0800, Richard Reina wrote:
> > > I guess I don't wan't to set up * to behave like a
> > key
> > > system, thank godness, I just want to be able to
> > > juggle calls which it sould like Asterisk can do
> > fine.

Just as an aside, you could use a single line analog phone with asterisk
if you don't want to go the ip phone route and use call parking to
manage the other calls you have.

The scenario would be:  Operator takes a call, parks it and then tells
you you have a call at extension 7xx, you dial it and get the person.

Or if you are on the phone and you need to take another call you use the
# transfer to extension 700, it reads you an extension and the original
call is placed on hold at that extension and you can make or retrieve
your next call.

Ryan Butler
ADI Internet Solutions
rbutler at adiis.net