[Asterisk-Users] res_config / realtime?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Thu Nov 4 15:12:34 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 12:56, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> hi
>
> According to
> http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20res_config,
> res_config allows me to store everything that usually goes into files,
> into a database, but still it requires a RELOAD for asterisk to see
> changes.
>
> Does this mean Asterisk only looks into the database at start/reload,
> as opposed to the old (sip|iax)friends, that worked directly against
> the database in realtime?

There is app_realtime now, that solves that:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-October/006692.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2004-October/006701.html

These two links should shed a bit light into it. I meant to document it
on the wiki, but haven't got around to it yet.

/Martin List-Petersen