[Asterisk-Users] Queue Prioritization

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Nov 2 11:00:21 MST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Jonathan Moore wrote:

> Yes, I am aware of these settings, but unfortunately I know of no way to set a
> penalty flag for a dynamic agent. They have to be dynamic, because they agents
> log in and out to go on break, on/off shift and the command for adding them in
> this manner doesn't have a priority argument. Additionally, I don't think it
> will truly work, because it is really an inter-queue priority issue. The spanish
> callers will still starve so long as asterisk is checking the English queue
> before checking the spanish queue and if there is a high volume of english callers.

I have been thinking about adding inter-queue dependencies to ICD. It
seems better suited to more advanced queues than the built in queue
system.

Another option in icd would be to keep all callers in one queue and then
pop the first customer whose profile matches the agent. That change seemed
not to be too hard to make.

Peter