[Asterisk-Users] Queue Prioritization

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 2 13:58:44 MST 2004

> I have been thinking about adding inter-queue dependencies to ICD. It
> seems better suited to more advanced queues than the built in queue
> system.
>
> Another option in icd would be to keep all callers in one queue and then
> pop the first customer whose profile matches the agent. That change seemed
> not to be too hard to make.
yah but now you serial all the load on that 1 thread & what happens when
you want each q to have it normal strategy but only allowed to work
based on the queuepriority ...this is not the way to go unless you want it
quick & dirty

> Peter
yah we have  couple of ideas here in icd

1) create a new loadable icd module & serialize the calls for any queue that
has the
    queuepriority= ? flag and have this master distributor trip the pop
event on the required q
    -down side 1 thread now has to do a few ms of work might be an issue
with heavy volume
      but each q is still usng it own internal strategy & the work is still
mostly distributed over
      the threads for each q

2) have an election process where the distributors look at all other q's
that have the queuepriority flag
    & talk to each other using the icd event system
    load balances nicely, but lot more work

3) have each agent become a icd listener on all the q's they belong to that
have the queuepriority flag set
    and only pop themselves back on the list for the queue that have
customer calls with the highest priority
    load balances nice, distbutors dont have to change, might be a lot of
over head with a large number
    of agents all sub-scribing to customer q add events

4) ???

still mulling it over :)